just clicked on KSL.com not too long ago and learned that President Hinckley died. I Just wanted to post and take a minuet to pay tribute to him. He spoke at my dad’s funeral back in 1991 as he worked closely with my dad at Bonneville International. I will never forget the kind words he said, and peace that he brought to our family at such a difficult time. I know I am no President Hinckley, but I also know that I can say a prayer of comfort to be with his family. I know we all know of our Heavenly Fathers wonderful plan, that we can be together forever, but it is still hard to lose someone we love so much. When I was in MOYO President Hinckley came in to thank us for our service. As he was getting ready to leave he asked if he could lead the choir. That night it was a dress rehearsal for our Christmas Concert so we had the whole symphony there also. President Hinckley stood at the conductors stand, baton in hand, raised his arms and said GO!!!! The symphony started playing and President Hinckley waved his arms up and down (not really in the right rhythm mind you) as we sang the Halleluiah Chorus. It was a really neat experience to be “led” by the prophet. And what a wonderful 13 years it has been as we have been so blesses to have President Hinckley lead this wonderful church. He will be greatly missed, but remembered forever. God be with you till we meet again.
Sunday, January 27, 2008
We Thank Thee Oh God For Our Prophet!
We
just clicked on KSL.com not too long ago and learned that President Hinckley died. I Just wanted to post and take a minuet to pay tribute to him. He spoke at my dad’s funeral back in 1991 as he worked closely with my dad at Bonneville International. I will never forget the kind words he said, and peace that he brought to our family at such a difficult time. I know I am no President Hinckley, but I also know that I can say a prayer of comfort to be with his family. I know we all know of our Heavenly Fathers wonderful plan, that we can be together forever, but it is still hard to lose someone we love so much. When I was in MOYO President Hinckley came in to thank us for our service. As he was getting ready to leave he asked if he could lead the choir. That night it was a dress rehearsal for our Christmas Concert so we had the whole symphony there also. President Hinckley stood at the conductors stand, baton in hand, raised his arms and said GO!!!! The symphony started playing and President Hinckley waved his arms up and down (not really in the right rhythm mind you) as we sang the Halleluiah Chorus. It was a really neat experience to be “led” by the prophet. And what a wonderful 13 years it has been as we have been so blesses to have President Hinckley lead this wonderful church. He will be greatly missed, but remembered forever. God be with you till we meet again.
just clicked on KSL.com not too long ago and learned that President Hinckley died. I Just wanted to post and take a minuet to pay tribute to him. He spoke at my dad’s funeral back in 1991 as he worked closely with my dad at Bonneville International. I will never forget the kind words he said, and peace that he brought to our family at such a difficult time. I know I am no President Hinckley, but I also know that I can say a prayer of comfort to be with his family. I know we all know of our Heavenly Fathers wonderful plan, that we can be together forever, but it is still hard to lose someone we love so much. When I was in MOYO President Hinckley came in to thank us for our service. As he was getting ready to leave he asked if he could lead the choir. That night it was a dress rehearsal for our Christmas Concert so we had the whole symphony there also. President Hinckley stood at the conductors stand, baton in hand, raised his arms and said GO!!!! The symphony started playing and President Hinckley waved his arms up and down (not really in the right rhythm mind you) as we sang the Halleluiah Chorus. It was a really neat experience to be “led” by the prophet. And what a wonderful 13 years it has been as we have been so blesses to have President Hinckley lead this wonderful church. He will be greatly missed, but remembered forever. God be with you till we meet again.



