Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Pursuit of Fitness

When I was young my sisters would always tell me…..Lori, someday all that junk food you eat is going to catch up to you. Boy were they right, it is no fun being the “BIG” little sister. For many a years now, I have always had the new years resolution of trying to eat healthier, but it never happens. Anyone who knows me knows that I should be huge as a house with all the junk food that I eat, so I guess I am fortunate that I can still fit in our house. My clothes on the other hand are getting quite snug and my “uniform” (I ware this practically everyday---kaki pants, brown shade shirt and green hoody sweater) is showing definite signs of, well…. Not fitting. I decided to blog about this because acceptance is a big first step and I figure if I make my acceptance public, then maybe I will be more inclined to feel the pressure of doing something about it. So here it goes… Hello, my name is Lori and I am a junk food addict, it has been five months since my last cardio workout. Ok so here are some of the things that will help me along my pursuit of fitness. My handy running shoes, treadmill, and exercise ball. And we all know I can't go with out junk food, so here is a selection of my favorite "Healthy Junk food" And my newest favorite.....Fiber One bars. These actually should have a post of their own. My sister Karen told me about these yesterday. Last night I went and bought some and and today I ate one. Do not let the word FIBER scare you off, these are really good. Well maybe if you are me you should let the word FIBER scare you off, because these were so good, I went for two...Not a good idea. Even the box discourages against this....."Gradually increase fiber over time to help minimize potential gastrointestinal discomfort" Enough said... But seriously, these are really good and if you are using the point system they are only 2 points. Anyways so ya ya... eating more fruits and veggies, smaller portions, less junk, more water, and start exercising. Alright cheer for me!!