Sunday, January 6, 2008

That Was Easy

After giving up several times this past year I finally decided to give it another try. On Thursday I thought, now is as good a time as any. I put Cody in big boy pants and put a protective sheet on the couch. I set the timer for every 10 minuets and asked Cody if he needed to pee? His response… “Nope” Then I would ask are your pants dry? His response…”Yep” This was the routine for about an hour and a half. At this point I started getting a little nervous and said ok, lets take a brake and go pee. He stood up to the toilet and out it came. Cody started laughing and we had a huge celebration there in the bathroom. Cody practically fell into my arms with a great big hug and he was teary-eyed with joy and feeling so proud of himself. What a great moment as a mom, to see my boy feel so proud of himself and so accomplished. After our Celebration, we continued the routine of setting the timer for 10 min. Well now, three days later this is the routine…. there is none, except for the fact that he yells…”I need to pee, but you stay mommy, I am going to do it myself.”


Cody also had his first day of Primary today. We tended Anna(age 4) before church and she brought her own Book of Mormon, Cody wanted to have his own Book of Mormon too, but the only one we could find before we left for church was in Espanol, so there Cody sat with his El Libro De Mormon on the front row in the Primary room. What a Great Kid!