Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Vera

This is my last Birthday Post for my brothers and sisters, and what a great person to end on. Vera, Hera, Lera, Jera…. (so this was not uncommon for me to say back in my younger years.) Vera seems to be everybody’s favorite person, whether you are a new born or just about to die off. I love looking back at my baby pictures, because Vera is always close by entertaining me or holding on to me to keep me safe. I do have to say, I have a lot of memories with Vera. I remember going down to her room and saying…Vera, I have the munchies, and she would get out her little treat container. When I was three Vera pushed me all the way to Murray Park on my trike and we rolled down the hills and we saw a dead birdy. (These were my exact words that were on a tape recording of my self.) But for real, she really did push me all the way there and all the way back, that is at least 3 miles round trip. When Vera would come home from BYU on a weekend, she would get to sleep in my room with me. This was always so fun for me. (some how in a family with eight kids, I never got to share my room with anyone. Some would call that being the baby and being spoiled, but I call it being deprived) I remember laying in my bed calling to Vera…VERA!!!! Come to bed. (I was about 7 years old and had a very early bed time.) Vera was always







so nice and would come in and tell me a story, or give me a massage until I feel asleep. And then when it would come time to take Vera back to BYU, I would cry and cry. I think my most ingrained in my brain memory of Vera, is when she plays her oboe. She is AMAZING!!!! And I can still hear some of her songs in my head. I loved going to her concerts, and my favorite were the outdoor musicals at the Triad Center. My dad took me and Vera to New York and Washington DC for a week. It was fun to spend time with Vera and my Dad. Vera works at the Hospital in surgery as a nurse and specializes in all of the hard cases….ie Heart stuff. Vera is very generous and is always giving and thinking up fun ways to do something nice or fun for someone. Vera also got all of the endurance in the family, well at least she got all mine. She has ran the Wasatch 100, a Triathlon and probably too many marathons to count. The max I have ever done was the Spring Run Off at BJH and that was the first and the last. I really could go on and on about Vera, but there are only so many hours in the day….So I will just end with….I hope you have a really great birthday! Sure Love You Ver.



I know, I know, I have awesome bangs!