Friday, October 3, 2008
Soccer
Cody
started soccer and I can see our Saturdays and evenings for the next several years will consist of practices and games. As we were in the car on the way to Cody’s first soccer practice, he asked me….
Mom, is soccer a game I play with my hands or with my feet? I thought oh great!!! I hope Cody is not too young for this, but to my delight, he did great and really enjoyed himself.
All of Cody’s friends are on his team and the coaches are two of our friends (and the dad’s of
Cody’s friends).
Cody has a great little group of friends, they really play well together. People here have a hard time telling them apart because they are Caucasian, everyone else is Hispanic, so it is rare to see three little strawberry blonde haired boys. When not running and
kicking the ball, these boys were being boys and constantly tackling each other. It was fun to see all the kids doing their own things out on the filed…from summersaults, to picking their nose. It was a great time and so fun to see
Cody in his cute uniform (number 12) and shoes. Oh yes the shoes, I
must tell...... I got Cody’s shoes last year from Kid to Kid. They were a great deal except for they came with a little something extra.
Dog Poop on the bottom of one shoe. I know grose. But they were such a deal, I couldn’t let a little dog poop get in the way, so I bagged them up thinking I could just put them on Cody and he
could run the dog poop off. Well there they sat in that bag for a year, until now. So I did decided to clean them up before putting them on Cody’s. And what a perfect fit.



