Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Julie

I hope I get this posted before your special day is over, but if I don't, know that I didn't forget, I just got a late start. Oh where to begin... Julie is a middle child, she is fourth out of the eight of us. Although I have really special relationships with all four of my sisters, I feel like Julie has become kind of like a second mom to me. Julie is very nurturing and loving, everywhere Julie is, it is always peaceful, clean, and so inviting. I always loved going into her room, sitting in that wooden chair with the cute cushion and having my hair curled in ringlets Sunday morning before church, I loved having her read to me the Little House on the Prairie Books and later on the Sweet Valley Twins Books. And with Julie in the house were always yummy homemade cookies to eat. I was always amazed and still am, that she can have very few clothes in her closet and yet always look so put together. Being the youngest girl, I was the relationship counselor for my older sisters. I remember telling Julie she would marry a guy who was a light bulb sales man and named Skippy ( I am sure she was just thrilled to hear the news) But I was pretty close when she married Mark, who is an electrical engineer and happens to be exceptional in sales. (I know the name Mark is no where near the name Skippy, but give me credit, the other part was a pretty good prediction for a nine year old.) But the one bad thing I suppose about having such a computer tech husband, is that there is no room for Julie to become computer literate. I don't think Julie has ever sent an email. In fact just this past week our family all received an email signed by Julie. I replied back...yay Julie! Others were sceptical and replied back asking if Julie really sent that or was it Mark or one of the kids. This is what was sent back to us... Hi, I'm Julie and I approved these messages, written and sent by Mark :) It's ok Julie, maybe someday. Julie is one that is kind of more reserved then the rest of us, but once you get her going there is just know telling what is going to happen. One of our family's favorite lines from Julie is.... "Does every meal have to be a circus" and of coarse there is the limerick..."There was an old man from Orem, he had some pants and he wore them, he laughed and he laughed and he felt a cold draft, and he knew darn well, he tore them." Ok, time to wrap things up! Hope you had a wonderful Birthday Julie. And as Dad would say... I sure love you Jule!

I had to stick in this last picture, it is Julie on one of her Birthdays and she got a pink sweater, I was so excited that we both had pink sweaters now. This was not the last time we both matched. One day in the mall we noticed everyone was starring at us, we then realized... no wonder.... we both hand the same winter coat on and the same Franklin Covey Day planer purse thing, it was funny.