Saturday, September 6, 2008

SIX Dryer Sheets!!!!!!!

So why is it, that when I finally get ALL of the clothes folded and put away, this is what I find? Did I really have six loads of wash piled up in my bedroom, just waiting to be folded? I can answer that with a very confident YES. I don’t know what it is…..Am I just lazy? Do I find it more satisfying to have a big messy pile and then see what a difference it makes to have it all cleaned up? Do I just hate folding laundry? Or is it that the day just gets away from me? For example, I got up yesterday morning and got a load of wash going. In the mean time, I got the kids bathed and dressed, myself…well I was showered and somewhat ready, we had breakfast. I was feeling like the morning was moving along nicely. I had the plan to do a couple of loads of wash and then after I took Cody to school, I would come home, put Elena down for a nap and call my sister while I folded my piles. So I proceeded to start another load. Then off we went to school. At the drop off I run into my friends and we all decided to do lunch. 4 and half hours latter we returned home, Elena hadn’t napped, it was too late to put her down, but I decided to risk it anyways. I got the clothes out of the dryer, added them to the stack of clothes that have been sitting there for several days now, got a movie on for Cody and then finally called my sister. Before I knew it, I had just about everything folded. Now it was time to make dinner, so I left laundry there. Well later that night…. I returned to my bedroom to finish the laundry. You got it! everything was knocked on the floor, and all messed up. I should have known better, but then again, this is what I deserve for letting six loads of clean clothes pile up.