Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Billy

Ok, so I have to apologize, I know my brothers birthday is on September 21st, but what I didn’t know, was that it was already the 21st. Another thing I need to apologize for, is the lack of pictures; well I guess I should say lack of recent pictures. The most recent picture I could find was all of us (except Chris, he was on his mission of course) after dad’s funeral. I know I have recent ones on the computer, but that may take me a year in and of itself to locate them. (WE HAVE A LOT OF PICTURES!!!!) But to me, the old pictures are the most fun in these birthday posts. Billy is my oldest brother, we are 16 years apart, but that hasn’t stop us from being close to each other. My earliest memory of Billy was driving in the car with him when he was the driver, and him working at BobCos as a checker (I think??? Maybe I am making it up, but I remember something like that) I remember waitressing for him and his date and being so excited when he brought his new fiance home to meet us. I was excited to be his flower girl, although, somehow at the age of 5 I was a little disappointed to learn that that did not mean I got to through flowers, like I had seen in the movies. Instead I got to stand at the end of the wedding line for two hours. Billy and Rhonda were the first ones to make me an aunt at the age of six, I really enjoyed growing up so closely to my nieces. Billy always makes sure we continue our family traditions and has memories of things we have all forgotten. He is an amazing writer and has written a lot of our family memories and funny stories into a big book of short stories. Billy has had his lot of challenges especially as he underwent brain surgery several years ago, which when he awoke after surgery, he found he needed to learn a lot of simple things all over again. ie walking, talking, feeding and leaving him unable to drive, type with both hands, see with both eyes ect. But with his constant optimistic outlook on all things he rose to the occasion and felt so blessed to be able to continue to be the amazing dad that he is and see his children grow. He has also been able to continue his years of service in the church as Bishop, and in the Stake Presidency, his work as HR director at JSMB and too many other things to name. One of my favorite memories of Billy, is when he and Rhonda came and tended us while my mom and dad were in Hawaii on a business trip, I was about six or seven years old. I remember we made chicken nuggets. At the time KFC was making a big deal about their chicken, breaded with 32 herbs and spices. We decided to take it to a whole new level and use every herb and spice we could think of, including such things as Ovelteen, and dirt,(just a pinch of course). Any ways... Billy, even though this birthday wish is a day late and some recent pictures short, I hope you had a great day and know how much I love you. Happy Birthday!