Friday, July 11, 2008

Closing on our house











OHHH I had the BIGGEST pit in my stomach as I signed and dated the closing documents. Yes we have been gone from our home for a month and a half, but it has still been our home. Sometimes we wonder what the heck we were thinking, leaving everything and everyone that we loved. But it is done now and there is no going back. Someone else’s stuff now fills those walls. Someone else is now enjoying all of our manual labor we put in to make our backyard awesome. Someone else is sitting around our fire pit, running on our grass and soaking in our jetted tub. But I guess the bottom line is, is that none of that is ours anymore. But as much as I loved that house, I know that it was us, that made it our home. And in a few weeks when we are all together again, our little rental will in a similar way….become our home.