Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Yard Sale
On Saturday we had our first garage sale ever and I must say it was a great success, thanks to our neighbors down south. I started about 5:30am putting signs out that said Yard Sale. As I retuned home to start setting up, here they all came. It was only 5:45am, but none-the-less my yard sale had started. Being so close to the border, yard sales are quick and painless, by 8:00 we were sold out. (well except for two boxes of stuff, that no one really wanted, well I shouldn’t say no one….
I put the boxes at the end of the driveway and as I was making a sign that said free, a lady drove up and asked if she could have them). Ta-da!!! Garage Sale done. One of the items at our garage sale was the family TV. My dad bought
this TV when I was about 6. This TV was top of the line, (along with all the other electronic stuff my dad would buy). As you can see from the back of the TV, it has more input and output jacks then the TVs we buy today.
The TV was still running strong and was actually kind of sad to let go of, but some how we managed. So for posterity sake… here are some pictures of the piece of furniture we sat and stared at for 24 years.



